My hand-written recipe, copied from somewhere long ago, stained with butter from the many times it's been used, is permanently attached to my fridge door.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
2. Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after eah addition.
5. Add 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sour cream, next cup of flour, rest of sour cream, and rest of flour, mixing after each addition.
6. Add the extracts and baking soda.
7. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60-75 minutes, baking until top is golden and cake tester inserted into middle comes out clean.
The finished cake will look like this...
Invert cake onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioner's sugar. This cake is great with a cup of coffee or tea. It freezes very well too!