This is my version of "thirty minute curry." It's delicious, simple, and very easy. Plus, it's a great way to get my kids to eat their veggies. I like the Mae Ploy brand of curry paste but I always fix it up. Somehow, ready made pastes and powders lack that oomph that gives Thai curry its kick.
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 heaping tsp. shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp. green curry paste
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 5 slices ginger
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 stalks lemon grass, cut into 1 inch pieces (white parts only)
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 red pepper, cubed
1. Simmer coconut milk with shrimp paste, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, ginger, lime leaves and lemon grass for 10 minutes.
2. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add veggies. Simmer for a few minutes more.
4. Serve with jasmine rice.