Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Banana Pudding a la Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia Bakery in New York is credited for starting the cup cake craze that seems to have taken over the baking world. People line up outside for their vanilla, chocolate and red velvet cupcakes, frosted with sweet buttercream icing. But their banana pudding and caramel cheesecake have a loyal following as well.

I found a recipe for the banana pudding here and decided to make half a recipe. It was very good, but not mind-blowing. I think there was too much cream for my taste. So next time, I think I'm going to use half the cream/pudding mixture but make more layers of the banana and Nilla wafers.

I must say though, that the combination of pudding, bananas and softened cookies is a delicious mix. This recipe is extremely easy to make and I'm sure will make a repeat performance in our household :-)

No comments: