This method of preparing oatmeal transforms this plain jane grain into a wonderful breakfast treat. This version is soft and resembles some sort of pudding, with oats instead of bread. My second version, which I will post sometime time in the future, is more granola like. I like both, so it really all depends what I'm in the mood for :-)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 1/2 cups oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
2. Add oil and sugar and mix well.
3. Stir in oats, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla
4. Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake for 40-45 minutes in a 325 oven.
5. Cut into 8 squares. Serve with milk.