Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shrimp and cilantro rolls



I first tried this in New Jersey, where Tito M and Tita R always host the best parties with never-ending food! I was so shocked to find out that this dish only had 3, yes THREE, ingredients: shrimp, cilantro and spring roll wrappers. The sprigs of cilantro bring a freshness and sweetness to the dish like no other herb can. If you don't care for cilantro (and I cannot imagine why, but I know some people are weird like that :P ), I suppose you could use flat-leaf parsley. It wouldn't be the same though. Well, those would be shrimp and parsley rolls, for starters.

Recipe:
1. Peel and devein shrimp/prawns. Keep the tail on. It makes for better presentation.
2. Wrap in spring roll wrapper with a sprig or two of cilantro.
3. Deep fry until crisp and golden.

I serve this with sweet chili sauce but I imagine sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce would work too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so good - better than camaron rebosado.