Monday, September 3, 2012
6 large beef patties (got mine from Costco so they were gigantic) or 12 smaller ones
1 can low-sodium Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 large onion, sliced into rings
1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
1. In a large pan, brown patties well on both sides. They don't have to be cooked all the way through, but a nice brown crust is essential.
2. In the same pan, saute the onions and mushrooms.
3. Add the mushroom soup. Fill the can with water and pour that in as well.
4. Mix in the mustard and season with steak seasoning (alternatively you could use liquid seasoning, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, beef bouillon, or even just salt and pepper).
5. Place the patties back into the pan, partially submerging them in the sauce.
6. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes until beef is cooked through.
7. Uncover and continue to simmer until sauce thickens a bit. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Son #1, this is for you :)